TeleWork 2013 Program Change!
TeleWork is a fascinating and growing process in the United States. Interest in the “distributed” workplace triggered our interest in starting TeleWork 2013, which was scheduled for June 23 to 25 in Saratoga Springs, NY.
Unfortunately, even though over 17,000 people visited our website, only a dozen registered for the event; therefore, we made a decision to cancel TeleWork 2013.
Why the low registration? As we talked with over a hundred of our colleagues, they gave a range of reasons:
- The “hot” nature of the issue, after Yahoo’s decision to cancel teleworking.
- The lack of a single leader for TeleWork in their organizations. The topics were interesting, but no one had TeleWork strategy and implementation as their full role.
- A lack of funds to attend a dedicated TeleWork event.
The MASIE Center will instead provide TeleWork resources and dialogues in the following modes:
- In September 2013, we will host a free teleconference on “TeleWork: Learning and Collaboration for Distributed Employees” - information will be posted on http://www.masie.com in August.
- We will have a section of sessions and dialogues at Learning 2013 (http://www.learning2013.com) from Nov 3 to 6 in Orlando, Florida, focused on:
- Managing Remote and Teleworking Employees
- Learning & Collaboration for Teleworking Teams
- Learning TRENDS (http://trends.masie.com) will provide regular articles and perspectives on TeleWork issues. Subscriptions are free.
We deeply regret that TeleWork 2013 will not happen in June! This is only the second conference in 40 years that we have cancelled. But, we look forward to working with you and your colleagues on the important issue of Telework.
“It is all about ENGAGEMENT – not just LOCATION!”
Elliott Masie and Hunter Arnold, Hosts